Thursday, March 12, 2009

Training, Training, and more Training...

You can read all about it in my fitness blog: JourneyToABetterMe. Basically, my triathlon training is taking over my life. This is a good thing, it really is....it's just exhausting and I feel like I haven't spent much time with my family, especially Harper. She's been in bed or about to go to bed the last 2 nights when I got home. Factor in that she takes an evening nap as well, and I pretty much don't see her much on the week nights. :( But the good news is that I'm getting off work at noon today and will get the rest of the afternoon with that little nugget baby, so that's good!

Life has just been so busy lately! Saturday I had group practice. Then I showered and ran errands. Then I went out for dinner and drinks with the girls for Kristen's birthday. Sunday was a lazy day, and then Monday started another crazy week... Work, chiropractor visits every night all the way up in Liberty, training, running Rylie to this, that, and the other. Tuesday was her dance night and I had to cycle and swim. Yesterday she had gymnastics and I ran 6.3 miles. And tonight we are having Josh and Kristen over for dinner, which I'm totally excited about. I'm just ready for a day off!

I'm sore today, as can be expected. It's a good sore, don't get me wrong...but I'm just so TIRED. Not sleepy, but my body is just worn out. And the depressing part is that all this working out is making me soooo stinkin hungry all the time! With the way I'm eating, I'm never going to lose any weight! Here's what I ate yesterday:

apple
bowl of instant oatmeal
raw veggies (carrots, celery, green peppers, broccoli) with light ranch
salad (romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, celery, green peppers, purple cabbage, green onion, raddishes) with homemade dressing: 1 part organic balsamic vinegar, 1 part organic olive oil, 1 part Bragg's liquid aminos
Smart Ones frozen entree - lasagna
Shot blocks & mona vie (electrolyte cubes & energy shot) before run - 100 calories each
raw almonds
tuna helper & asperagus for dinner
banana & peanutbutter after evening run

And I seriously think I ate more things that I just can't remember.... I feel like I'm just eating around the clock! I want to lose the rest of this baby weight and I really thought I would with all this training...but I'm coming to realize that my body now needs more fuel....so I'm not sure how that's going to work out.

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week! Sorry I've neglected this blog this week. The other 2 have been pretty up-to-date though. Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

  1. wow you are very determined I really can't run one mile let alone 6 or 7 but i do have bad knees yeah I'll use that as an excuse. I swear moms these days they are like super heros! I dont know how you do it all but keep it up :] But on the plus side I'm looking for a used elliptical so I can lose some of those pesky pounds too.

    ReplyDelete