Monday, March 23, 2009

Spring is Here!

Well, I don't know about everyone else, but I had a pretty awesome weekend! And the weather was just the cherry on top!

Friday after work I did my very first 8 mile run. You can read more about it at JourneyToABetterMe. After my run, I went to meet my dad to get Rylie back. She's been at my mom & dad's (2 hours away) all week since she was on spring break. It's definitely good to have her back! But it kind of sucked to be sitting in a car for 2 hours after a long run. My muscles definitely cramped and I felt veeeery nauseaus.

Saturday I was up at 5am so I could get to tri practice. We cycled 22 miles. Then I headed home for a quick nap before heading out to the soccer field for the Wizards home opener. We tailgated most of the afternoon. Unfortunately, the Wizards lost, but it was fun nonetheless.

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day!!! Around 10am, I thought it would be great for the whole family to have a picnic at the park. I started cutting up fruits and veggies and making sandwiches and I packed us up a lovely lunch and we headed to the park. I walked Harper around for a bit in the stroller and Rylie rode her bike without training wheels for the very first time! It was so exciting because she just TOOK OFF and was flying by! I wish I wasn't at work right now so I could upload some pics. Anyway, it was just a great afternoon outside with the kids.

Last night I made a DELICIOUS dinner, courtesy of Megan at TheParaplegicChef. I have been dying to fix this meal since the first time I read about it! The only difference I had was that I cooked the chicken outside on the grill. I also grilled some peppers to have as a side dish. The black bean salsa was SOOO yummy, we even added it to our salads. This meal was a huge hit - Randy and Rylie loved it too!

The weekend was so beautiful, I hated to see it end. I also feel like I may be coming down with something. I've been fighting a sore throat for days. I really hope I'm not getting sick because I have way too much going on this week that I cannot miss out on - mostly training.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for giving my recipe a try!! I am so happy that it was a HUGE hit!!

    ReplyDelete