Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is This Week Over Yet?

This week has just been one giant fail. I have been zapped of energy and for the first time EVER since I started training for my triathlon and half marathon, I've really slacked off with my workouts. I'm pretty disappointed in myself. Tuesday I had muscle conditioning, but went drinking that night instead of swimming or cycling (my schedule had swimming on it, but I was going to cycle instead since the weather was so nice....but ended up doing neither). Yesterday my yoga class was cancelled (rescheduled for tomorrow) and then last night I ended up not running because I was too tired and just not feeling great at all...so I didn't work out AT ALL yesterday. :\ Today I have muscle conditioning again, and weight training is the only thing on my schedule for today....but I really should swim since I didn't on Tuesday. But I have too much going on tonight, there just won't be any time. So......I have a feeling that after such a lazy week, tomorrow's 8 mile run is really going to suck.

Reality really set in last night. I drove up to Liberty to see my chiropractor and after the 20 minute drive there, I looked to see that the drive was right at about 13 miles. Um....I'm going to be running 13.1 miles in exactly 1 month from today!!! OMG - that is like running all the way from my house to my chiropractor's office in Liberty! WOW....am I nuts or what?!?! And if it takes me nearly 20 minutes to drive it, I can't even imagine how long it will take to RUN it! I just don't know. I've been having a lot of anxiety over it as of late....

In other news, March Madness has begun!!! Brandon and I are heading the bracket pool here at work. We've got quite a few people involved, which always makes it more exciting. I think our pot is going to be over $150 this year. It will be interesting to see how everything turns out.

The next few days are going to be insanely busy...so I'm pretty much looking forward to Sunday getting here so I can rest. I've been having a lot of anxiety lately and I think I'm just spreading myself too thin.

Have I also mentioned lately how much I love my husband?? Cuz that is definitely worth mentioning. There's really no one else in this world that could put up with my shit. He's so good to me and I really am lucky to have him. I've been struggling with some things lately and I just don't know what I would do without him. He truly holds me together without even realizing it.

1 comment:

  1. The answers to your questions are yes - it's a little bit nuts, and it's going to take awhile to do it. :) But isn't it kind of nice to know that if you ever didn't have your car and needed to get to your chiropractor's office, you could just run there?

    Btw, I completely freaked out for several weeks before my first half - and I still freak out if I think of how much TIME I have to spend to run a certain distance. Like when I start thinking that my longest marathon training run is 20 miles and after 20 miles in the race I'm going to have to keep running for another HOUR or more, I don't want to do it. But when I think "oh, it's only 6 more miles" it doesn't seem as bad. So try not to think about how long it's going to take you to run 13 miles. Or if it makes you feel better, think about how it's going to take me 3 1/2 hours to run 20 miles this weekend and how you don't have to go nearly that far!! :)

    ReplyDelete