Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Down With The Sickness!

Our whole household is sick. :( Well, except for Randy. I stayed home from work yesterday and slept most of the day. I went to urgent care last night and waited around for 2 hours to be told that it was viral and they couldn't treat me. They also said to take it easy because all of my training is weakening my immune system. :\ Easy for them to say, they aren't running a half marathon in 3 1/2 weeks...

Randy stayed home from work today because poor little Harper was cranky and had a horrible runny nose. Her fever went up to 101.6, so he took her to the dr and it turns out she has a sinus infection. Poor baby. Plus, she's trying to cut another tooth. I hate when my kids are sick. Rylie is sick too, but she just toughs it out. It's like she constantly has a cough or a sniffle, but never complains.

As for taking it easy...I took yesterday off from working out. Today I did yoga, but I'm going to skip my swim tonight....again. I haven't swam in 2 weeks, which is NOT good!!! But I'm kinda focused on running right now, with the half marathon coming up and all. So I'll take tonight off....but tomorrow I have muscle conditioning and then our 9 mile run! But if I do the run tomorrow, that means I get to take Friday off from training, so that'll be a nice break before tri practice on Saturday. I really hope I can recover quickly because I'm starting to get nervous. Missing training days can really hurt me....but so can training when I'm sick.

The week is half over, at least. I hope everyone is having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment