Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Birthday Weekend: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Good:

Friday (my actual birthday) I came to work with a ridiculously decorated desk! Srsly...out of control! Glitter everywhere, streamers, signs, banners, you name it. The glitter is still here. Still. Out.Of.Control. I had 3 cards and lots of birthday wishes all day via text, Facebook, myspace, etc.

Friday night Randy fixed me a really nice dinner of shrimp with garlic sauce and veggies over rice. He gave me some perfume and Rylie and Harper gave me a necklace. We spent the evening as a family watching Madagascar 2.

Saturday night Randy took me to dinner at Bristol Seafood Grille at The Power & Light District. He then had a huge surprise party waiting for me at O'Douds at Zona Rosa with all of my closest friends that he had apparently been planning for MONTHS. It was AMAZING!!!!! Drinks were flowing, good times were had by all, and I definitely consumed enough shots to kill a small horse.

The Bad:

A handful of my close friends failed to call me...text me...or send me any sort of birthday love whatsoever. Talking about some of my CLOSEST friends over the past few years. Pretty hurtful.

A blizzard decided to come through Friday night after a week of 60 degree weather and it went ahead and deposited 6 inches of snow on the ground.

I had a raging hangover on Sunday that actually didn't occur until LATE in the day due to the fact that I was still pretty much drunk for the first half.

I woke up at 8:30 am on Sunday after just 6 hours of sleep and never did get a nap the rest of the day.

The Ugly:

Due to the previously mentioned weather conditions, Randy, the girls, and I were all involved in a wreck on the way to take the girls to my brother-in-law's house for the night. No one was seriously injured, but it started the evening on a sour note. We had to get towed, my car is totalled (I've only had it for 10 months), we ended up forgetting my camera in the car (we had others that got used, so fear not!), we were extremely late for our dinner reservations, and all night we were re-living the wreck in our heads. Our addrenaline was so strong, neither of us ate much at dinner. It was just crazy.

Due to the wreck, Randy and I both took yesterday off of work. We are extremely sore and had a lot to deal with yesterday including filing an insurance claim, getting a rental car, cleaning out my car, going to the chiropractor, and going to the doctor. My neck is pretty messed up and considering that I already have 2 herniated discs AND had some bad injuries from the wreck I was in LAST year, I'm basically going to have even more problems than before....

Randy and I also got into a hellacious fight at the end of the night Saturday night...all over a misunderstanding. I cried. But...it's all good now, everything got cleared up.

Oh yeah and our tab (for just me and Randy) was over $200. That was just at the bar. Did NOT include dinner....

So, there you have it. Overall, it was a GREAT night, despite a few hiccups. I have a ton of pics (thanks to friends) to post later. Now I'm just trying to recover....in more ways than one...

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! The good sounds great but the UGLY! :( I hate car wrecks so, so, so much. I understand how, even if no one was hurt, that kind of experience really lingers with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday sounded fabulous and how great to have a surprise party. As for the rest, I'm so sorry you had to deal with all of that! Wow! I'm so glad to hear no one was seriously hurt in the crash. I hope you are feeling better now and not in too much pain. Thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete