Monday, February 23, 2009

Weekend In Review:

Well, Friday night I ended up running my 3 miles so I could skip practice on Saturday. Running in 56 degrees sounded much more pleasant than 12 degrees, so yeah...

Saturday I was up pretty early, around 7:30 or so. Rylie and I ran a couple errands in the morning and then the rest of the day was spent cleaning the house. Randy left for what was supposed to be a couple hours to help Bobby with some stuff, but ended up lasting until 7pm. We were supposed to take Rylie bowling Saturday night, but by the time we got there we were going to have to wait for an hour and a half for a lane. So we just went out for ice cream instead and then went home.

Yesterday was a grueling day of shopping for me. Anyone that knows me knows that I really hate to shop. I can do an hour...two, max. After that, I'm done. Well, I needed to find a shirt for to wear out for my birthday this weekend. I seriously went to 8 different stores and must have tried on at least 50 shirts. It was just depressing. I still haven't lost all the weight I gained when I was pregnant with Harper, so trying stuff on just isn't fun at all. :\ I never did find anything, so I'm going to have to go look again one night this week. I'm running out of places to go to also...sucks.

I have a really busy week ahead of me. Tonight: swim practice, tomorrow: Rylie has dance and it's parents watch week, Wednesday: I have to run & Rylie has gymnastics, Thusday: Randy and I have an appointment and then I'm HOPING to finally get a damn shirt for the weekend. Friday is my birthday......gah, I'm turning th.....th.....thir....thirty. Wow...

Oh, and by the way, we still have Cody (aka Stray Lab). Randy posted an ad on Craigslist to see if anyone is missing a lab. If no one responds, he's gonna post another ad to get rid of him. OH - and of all the random things, a stray GOLDEN RETRIEVER showed up in our yard on Saturday!!! What are the freakin odds of two pure bread strays showing up in our neighborhood in the same week and they just happen to be the two breeds that we own??!! This golden was soooo beautiful!!! He could be a show do! He is also not neutered, but he was very calm and very obedient. A guy came along in a truck not long after he showed up and he said that he found him about a week ago and has been basically doing what we've been doing with Cody - calling vets & shelters, posting signs, etc to see if he can find the owner. Apparently no one has reported him missing. He said that with the economy, people are deserting their pets because they can't afford them anymore. People's homes are being foreclosed and they are being forced into apartments where they can't keep their pets. It's really sad. I kinda wanted to keep that golden....but hell, we already have a damn zoo at our house.

If anyone would like a free black lab or a free golden retriever (both males, both need neutered) please, PLEASE let me know! These dogs need good homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment