Monday, February 9, 2009

Great Weekend, Happy Life

I love having great weekends, even if they go by too fast.

Friday wasn't all that eventful. I went to bed around 7:30, lol. I had gone to the doctor on Thursday for a sinus infection (Rylie went on Wednesday for the same thing), so I wasn't feeling all that great and I needed to get some rest since I had tri practice Saturday morning.

Saturday I got up shortly after 5am. I needed to make sure I ate a good breakfast before practice. I was out the door by 6am. I had to drive all the way down to south KC for practice. I was nervous about soooo many things - getting lost on the way to practice, getting lost DURING practice, not having anyone at my pace, etc. Of course, everything ended up being just fine. We actually had another girl join our team, which was very exciting for me! She's my age too, so I now have a buddy that is also at the same pace/level as me - what a relief! After practice we had a seminar, so I didn't get home until about noon on Saturday.

I ended up taking Harper up to urgent care Saturday afternoon. She's been kind of fussy and has had a cough and congestion lately. No fever, but I was pretty sure she had a sinus infection since Rylie and I both do. Turns out she has an ear infection - poor baby! But we got her some antibiotics, so hopefully she'll be better soon.

Saturday night Dustyn & Toni watched the girls so Randy and I could have a date night. We went to dinner at Applebee's (we had a gift card, so it was a cheap date, lol) and then we went and had a quick drink at On The Border since we had time to kill before the movie started. We went to see Slumdog Millionaire (movie passes - again, cheap date). Great movie! Very eye opening. We then went to pick up the girls and were home by 10:00. It was nice to have some alone time, tho. Feels like we don't get much time together just the two of us.

Yesterday was a pretty domestic day - laundry, groceries, etc. I think I spent a solid 2 1/2 hours in the kitchen cutting up veggies for the week, making our giant salad for the week, fixing dinner, and baking banana bread. I caught up on a few shows and that's about it.

Lots going on this week. Kicking into gear with tri training - running today, swimming on Thursday and Saturday, yoga today and Wednesday, muscle conditioning tomorrow and Thursday. Should be a great week!

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the encouragement on my 'wide awake' stage. :)

    oh, and you're my HERO!! i need some serious motivation to get my lazy arse back to the gym!! you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *drooling* BANANA BREAD!!! Danger, danger, Will Robinson! Sounds so yummy, though.

    ReplyDelete