Friday, February 20, 2009

Stray Lab.....He's Still With Us

Okay, so Stray Lab (who I have now named Cody...cuz it sounds cute with Cooper and Callie) is still with us. :\ Randy took him up to our vet's office and of course he is not chipped. He was also not in our vet's database of missing dogs, and all the shelters Randy has called are kill shelters that kill in either 3 days or 5 days. Black labs are apparently the hardest to get adopted because they are the most common breed of dog. The only no-kill shelter in our area is full right now and not accepting any new dogs unless you are returning a dog you adopted from there. That is the shelter where we adopted Callie. I joked that we should take Cody up there and say he's Callie, lol. Rylie made up some posters to put around the neighborhood, but we'll probably end up paying to take him to Wayside. It's too cold to leave him outside...so we've basically been taking care of him until we figure out what to do with him.

Anyone want a free black lab??

In other news, I took Harper to get her 6 month shots yesterday. I'm sure she'll be cranky pants today. The little nugget is still in the 95th percentile in weight and 90th in length. She's such a chunk, lol. But a CUTE one!

I have tri practice tomorrow morning and we are running....in the cold. Not looking forward to it. I'm really sore today from yoga, running, and muscle conditioning so I'm taking today off from working out. Went and saw my chiropractor for a MUCH NEEDED adjustment yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good today and I am welcoming the break from training. Tomorrow morning is gonna suck.

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for the congrats.. and on her name! [family name] :D

    ReplyDelete