Saturday, January 10, 2009

I'm becoming a blog whore....

Okay, so I've got the bung blog going and that's dedicated to all things bung....and I've got my fitness blog to track my training and health regimine for the year. I want to keep each of those separate from my everyday life....so I've created this blog simply for journaling about life, day-to-day activites, how I'm doing, and how I'm getting by. It can definitely be tied to the other two...but more than anything, it's just for my own personal release.

I'll start off by getting up to speed on 2009 so far. Today is only the 10th day of the year and I must say it's been a very productive year to date. I have been very focused on my workouts and diet so that I can prepare for my triathlon (more about that in ashleysfitnessblog.blogspot.com) and I have successfully lost 7 pounds already. I've also been working an excessive amount of overtime, but in the end it keeps me busy and will be nice padding for the pocketbook.

The year hasn't been completely perfect, though. Both the girls have had ear infections this week and Randy has been sick as well. Yes, all three of them have been to see the doctor and our medical expenses have already been more than what we've budgeted for this month. And worst of all, we had to have our boxer Nikki put down last Saturday after she suffered a stroke and several seizures. Randy rushed her to the emergency vet to discover she had a brain tumor. :( He had raised her since she was a puppy. It was hard on our entire family, but especially on Randy. She was his baby and he's had her since he was in high school.

In addition, our other dog Cooper had to have surgery this week to drain and repair his ear from a hematoma. He is recovering well, though, and we hope to adopt a lab within the next few months to help keep him company. Poor Cooper has never been the only dog in the house before, so we will be looking forward to adding to our family in the months to come.

I really have great feelings about 2009. I have a lot of goals I want to accomplish and a lot of fun things planned for both myself and my family. I am excited to see what this year has in store. I feel like 2008 really opened my eyes up to a lot of things and I feel like I am finally seeing my life much more clearly than before. This gives me a great sense of peace, love, and satisfaction. I have a feeling that 2009 is going to be one of the greatest years of my life to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment