Wednesday, April 22, 2009

She's Her Mother's Daughter











Preface: This is a pic of Rylie with a bottle of Sparkling Grape Juice on NYE....NOT wine! It was taken this year. The pic of me was taken on NYE 2 years ago. Uncanny, isn't it? She's definitely MY kid!


Anyway, Rylie (who is in kindergarten, mind you) came home from school on Monday and informed me that she ran a mile in PE. At first I didn't even believe her - I mean, a mile is a long ways for those little legs! I don't remember running the mile in PE until middle school and I was shocked that kg'ers were running a mile! But then she started telling me all the details, like how they had to run 7 laps around the playground, and how afterwards they got a stamp - "smile for the mile." After hearing all this, I knew she wasn't making it up!

She then proceeded to tell me and she and her friend Victoria were the first ones to finish. She said they beat everyone in her class of 23 students, even all the BOYS! Can I tell you that I was bursting with pride?? :) I think it may be time for her to start running with Mom. I mean, if she can bike 13 miles and run a mile, I this she can do more than I give her credit for! She told me awhile back that she wanted to start running with me, but at the time I really thought the only reason she was saying that was so I would buy her a running skirt like mine. *She's a girlie girl.* But it just may be time to take her out and see what she's made of! ;)

As a side note, she was sore yesterday. She came home saying her legs hurt really bad. So bad, in fact, that she was not able to go to dance last night. She must get that from me as well. :\ I gave her some Motrin and a banana. Hopefully she'll be good to go tonight.


In other news, I'm still trying to raise funds for my upcoming triathlon with proceeds going to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. If anyone is interested in donating, you can do so here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/mid/HyveeTri09/arobbins

1 comment:

  1. Both are great photos! Good luck with the triathlon...hope you raise a lot of money!

    ReplyDelete